Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pukeko Quilt

Finished and delivered the first of 2 baby quilts I wanted to do for this month....You might recognise the card from the batch I created in October last year.
I didn't know if the baby would be a boy or girl so started with kiwiana theme and pukeko colours (click any photo for closer detail)
- the central pattern square was originally designed by Jenny Hunter and featured in a very old New Zealand Quilter magazine (the pattern has a copyright mark of 1998) - it still looks very contemporary I think
The borders and free motion quilting designs are all my own. I love how it turned out....very nearly couldn't give it away but hope baby Liam and his family enjoy it
And now onto the next one which will be quite different...

7 comments:

  1. It's lovely Lynette! They will be thrilled with it x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it - with all your gorgeous quilting and colours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautfiul work, fav colour combination of mine! what a great gift! Mx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. I love all the blues and greens, but then again, I love the colors of the next one too. So...am I fickle or just a color lover? ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...