Thursday, March 1, 2012

Calendar Challenge : February/March

Here we are with February finished. My initial pages started like this
Since I have been loving Joanne Sharpe's online course so much and gaining confidence with my lettering, I decided it was best to start with that for my month and day headings - used a Sakura Glaze Pen for this
Next up some doodling with my White Uni-ball Signo pen was in order to fill in the gap along the bottom
and not long after it seemed a good idea to add some down the side
and eventually the entire month was covered in doodles!
March is totally inspired by the whimsey grids I created here and here whilst doing Joanne's course (you really should sign up - it's open forever and it's wonderful)
I do love colour and sprays, so instead of beginning with a white page like the above examples, I started by spraying my pages with my Golden Airbrush sprays. Then I drew in my initial lines
and the grid for my calendar days
I had to add the lettering right away of course
Intending to keep the word count down and focus on lettering for this month so call back 1st April and see how I've gone
Check out the other participants at the Kathryn Wheel, or see our Flickr group
Hope you have a great creative March

21 comments:

  1. Great pages, love what you did with your Feb pages and the colours in your March is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! I love the doodles on the februari spread and your lettering is great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so good at this Lynette. Your Feb pages are adorable. Keep up the good work - look forward to seeing March!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really love the finished Feb page. The wording and the doodles really finish it of. And I love March to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lynette your pages are so wonderful, love al the doodling between the hearts. Thanks for your sweet comment on my book.
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your doodles. Your page is delightful. Joy

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE LOVE LOVING Your pages, that there doodling on your feb page is Amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the white pen doodles for Feb and the Zentangle feel for March

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your March page is gorgeous, I just love the flowing movement you have going there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful doodles on feb's pages and I am just inspired by your grid layout for marchs pages x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all your lettering and doodles oon your February pages, wish I was that brave. I shall look forward to seeing March completed.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving your colors and those DR stamps made great day dividers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love those colours - fab pages x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the white design on your February Calender :) I think A white uni ball signo pen will be my next investment:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful! Love the grid system - must be the idea for my april!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. rrrhhhoooo those golden airbrushes give such yummi colors! and i love your way of doodling the pages, awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love both of these. And I really like your header on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your Feb pages looked great with all the doodle - very effective :D March looks good too... look forward to seeing that all filled in.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous background for your March pages, and the doodling is great fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...