Saturday, November 20, 2021

Fodder School : stamps

In Fodder School we have a new instructor every month. On the 1st we learn how to create fodder, and then mid-month we get to use that fodder in a project. This month our instructor is DeeDee Catron. You can find her on Instagram and see her floral fodder on YouTube and check out her Website. Our first lesson with her was carving stamps. I'm no stranger to stamp carving although I haven't really done much since 2018 when I made this collection
I don't really need to have more and have limited time at present, but I am interested in creating more sea-themed stamps and re-discovered this which had been gifted to me
It was very quick to create a sand dollar and kina (New Zealand sea urchin) shell shapes 
I then stamped on different papers using both paint and ink to create variously themed collage fodder for future use. This circle stamp is 2-sided and one of my favourites. Using paint to stamp on different tissue weights complements my sea theme
Next are various stamps on underpaper - haven't cut them apart because I'm not yet sure how they'll be most useful. The bottom branching stamp is newly carved and I'm thinking I could use it for seaweed too....can you also see sea ripples at the top right?
And lastly, a fun border stamp and I'm very partial to that leafy one. The heart in heart was stamped by spritzing the stamp with water and then using watercolour marker and crayon for a more ethereal effect.
The bottom right heart shows how stamping can ignite more creativity. I had only created the right stamp, and when I stamped it out with the turquoise, I realised I could make a mirror image stamp and create hearts too - so I did.
See all my posts about Fodder School HEREIt's not too late to join us

4 comments:

  1. You have a good collection of stamps. The leafy one really is very pretty and I imagine you'll use it a lot. I remember that print foam- it worked well for your sea life. I didn't do any carving yet as I used up the material on hand and wasn't sure I needed more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First time using print foam. It has its own challenges and strengths but I am especially happy with those little stamps

      Delete
  2. These all look wonderful - I know you're not new at this - you had a project once to make one every day. I wish I had more patience to make more indicate ones - love your repeating patterns!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...