Friday, July 23, 2021

Paint over collage

Sharing a page from my larger watercolour journal that I made during my blog break. This lesson was inspired by a session with Tam from Willowing in a free class in June which I shared HERE. You can see Tam's sample there. This was my base collage - I took a photo of myself specially for this page and just printed it on normal printer paper
This page faces my Journal Jam page that I shared HERE. I already had a tinted background to start since I had used this page as a paint palette and then felt I couldn't turn it into something lovely so applied gesso over the entire page.
This is an expressive self-portrait and not supposed to look exactly like me at the end. The metallic word sticker on the music says "today is full of possibilities". 
I always enjoy this process. See other examples of my work using this technique HERE.

2 comments:

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...