Thursday, April 25, 2019

Klimt in the garden with Rumi on ANZAC day

Each month in Effy's "A Year with Rumi" class we are given an art journal lesson and a quote. My project is a little different in that I am making mixed media fabric art cards to go inside a box with the theme "Klimt in the garden with Rumi". Each month I take inspiration from what's happening in my world so that each card relates to my personal experience of the month. My base watercolour card is a 5 3/4" square. Today is ANZAC day so this month's card is themed around poppies, love and peace. I made my initial gatherings including fabric left over from the poppy quilt I completed earlier this year. Thrilled that this month's Rumi quote couldn't be more perfect : "All this singing. One song. Peace be with you"
The small size of the card means that I can never include all my inspiration from my initial gatherings, but I can try things out easily - brayered a favourite Pebeo together with a transparent Golden paint ♥
Spray
Machine stitching
Hand stitching - paper bead
Textures
Back of card
Klimt in the garden with Rumi on ANZAC day ♥
Find out more about the "A Year with Rumi" class with Effy Wild HEREYou can also enjoy this class by joining Effy's Patreon account and paying monthly. Check out the labels below for more entries about this project.

2 comments:

  1. I love this series. Once I have caught up with my quilting I plan to do some mixed media pieces

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for you being able to comment now! So nice to connect again.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...