Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Daily Journaling Week 44

I'm following the prompts of the original Documented Life 2014Week 44 : Incorporate Leaves
And from the blog for Life Documented 2017 HERE : 
Prompt: To incorporate a pretty pocket and elements of a bullet journal in your layout.
Technique:  Use deli paper and the art of brush calligraphy (you can use India ink if you have any or simply use watercolours and a brush)
This week I decided to use the prompts quite literally to develop my page over a few days. My base had left-over paint swiped on it - have decided I'm better with a blank page so will not be continuing this practice in future! Incorporate leaves - lovely metallic paint over stencils
I had already decided I'd use a blank library card to journal on, so that determined the size required for the pretty pocket. It was a good opportunity to use some bits from my box of painty papers.
Deli paper - again I dug into a box of samples - this time a gelli-printed page which I was attracted to first for the stars,
but then realised it also contained lovely metallic leaves. Cutting out the shapes worked well - stars and metallic keep my word SHINE alive in my work
And I'm enjoying adding more stitch (on the pocket too)...and found words of course ♥
Decided for the brush calligraphy to just add some Dylusions sprayink to an empty water brush
Not that fussed on how this looks, but it gets better with some finishing touches later....
My version of bullet journaling
and here's the completed spread - black pen outlining finished it nicely. Click on any photo to see it larger. 
You can see all my posts about this project HERE and my Flickr album HERE.

4 comments:

  1. Great idea to cut out shape from gelli prints - I should do that more often too. I should write a list of things like that so that when I'm stuck I can go to my list and pick an idea. All too often it's brain freeze and I don't know how to proceed. Also like the idea of adding dylusions to a waterbrush - you can always tip it back into the bottle, wash it and use it for another colour later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks 😊 It is useful to have a list of art prompts. Those re-usable waterbrushes are excellent for so many things....another idea I should use more often!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the true bullet journal is tedious. Your take on Bullet Journal is much better and blend in to you creative style.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Monica - it's really fun to take the prompts and make them work in my own creative way ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...