Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Week 50 : DLP 2015

Information about the FREE weekly Documented Life project is HERE. 
As you can read I didn't take any notice of the quote on offer this week :-) I started my background after testing some dylusions sprays on a sheet of book paper and decided I loved the outcome so much I would use it in my journal for this week's spread
The inks behave differently on different paper - on the right I had to use a darker purple because my dylusions has run out, but otherwise same colours and stencil used. The inks slide off the masking tape in the middle of the page (used to cover loosened stitches when I removed some pages) so I remedied that by adding some pretty tape. I also used it to create this week's journal block and added gesso within so my journaling will be more easily seen.
I wanted to slightly tone down the colour on the rest of the spread, but not lose the beauty. Also I don't have a lot of time to spend on my spread this week so looking for a pretty effect without a lot of effort - the answer was modeling paste through some favourite stencils
I love the imperfect and dimensional look of this. I added more around the page leaving gaps for my quote. I recently bought a great fantasy/adventure series for our school library called The Impossible Quest which I read and now recommend to my students (9-12 year olds would enjoy it). 
I loved one particular quote from the first book which I wrote down knowing one day I would have occasion to use it in my journal.
May your heart be open to magical things this December and into 2016.
Click on the photo to enjoy it larger or see it in the Flickr album I've created for all my Documented Life 2015 spreads HERE. You can see all my posts about this project HERE.

1 comment:

  1. Stunning effects with the dylusions and a very meaningful quote! Wishing you lots of happiness and joy over the holidays and throughout 2016 as well!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...