Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Christmas Cards

It's fun to make cards for special occasions. This was a get well card I don't think I've shared.
Now it's approaching Christmas and time to make my cards as I have for the last few years. Often I'll use stencils for this process : 
This year I have every intention of making another major batch, but for now, I have just made about 10 cards for some immediate giving, and more will follow once I finish work on Friday. I started with some gelli-printed papers from a recent session
Thought purple would be lovely with gold for Christmas. Tore these sheets up and applied to cardstock (sorry no step-by-step photos), then added a lovely tree stamp which I embossed, before adding a few touches of gold stamping, christmas washi tape, and purple stitch to finish. This was the first prototype
And then I went on to create variations
(click on the photo to see them larger)
Starting to feel festive and looking forward to finding out what will inspire me for the next batch.
Hope you are finding time to create something that makes you happy.

1 comment:

  1. All these cards are super creative! I love the 2013 series with the fern, but of course, the others are fantastic too. Something clamps me up when it comes to greeting cards. I associate it with traditional card making, but you've proved to me that it doesn't have to be. It can be 100% mixed media!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...