Saturday, December 20, 2014

Christmas stitched paper daily art journal

I've been sharing weekly posts of the December pages in my current daily journal. They all have a Christmassy look with the choice of background papers, embellishments, date tags, and gold metallic thread to stitch with.
It was a week of "the last time" as my youngest son finished all the activities associated with primary school this week. I have been including elements that have been gifted - here it's a piece of a clear gift bag which I stitched on the right over the sheet music background.
click on any photo to see it larger
So glad I purchased the pack of Christmas daily advent tags - love the look they give to each page
I bought some Christmas wrapping paper that I thought would make a really nice background for a page
This made me so happy I had to put lovely wrapping paper on the next page as well
These very cool reindeer were on a gift I received last year....fun to use my sewing machine to stitch Friday as well.
And that's the unfinished page ready for today's happenings. Gorgeous sunshine at my house today - 25 degrees Celsius and we've been in the pool for the first time this summer :-)
There's not much time to spend in my art journal this month and I am grateful to have this way of capturing the joys of my December. Only 5 more sleeps...
See all the posts about this journal HERE and in my Flickr Set HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...