Saturday, April 29, 2023

Fodder School with Jane Chipp

Our March lessons for Fodder School were with Jane Chipp. As always, the lessons released at the beginning of the month are to make the fodder, and the second (released mid-month) are to use the fodder. Last month was all about altering photographs and then making an album for them. I decided to honour my lovely dad who passed away at the beginning of 2018. I managed to make a start with some of the techniques in March
I loved adding the beads to the wedding bouquets of my maternal grandmother and my mum
And this one makes me smile - added a map of the area mum and dad went on their honeymoon
This month I've thankfully had school holidays (not always thankfully for parents with small children but I work at a school so get a break ♥) and I was able to do some more photo alteration and layering techniques. I was lucky to find some writing of Dad's and once photographed and printed on some old paper it makes a nice backdrop to the tractor photo. Also thrilled that I managed to print on tissue paper through my home ink jet printer
And then I made my altered photo album. Mine has my own mixed media additions sprinkled through and I love it. The front cover is at the top of this post. This is the back cover
Inside front cover
Some of my favourite spreads
And here's a video flip through.
Jane has a book about altering photos - available to order here including PDF format. I borrowed mine from our public library.
You can still join us in Fodder School where you'll get the full experience of how to make the album.There is also going to be a Fodder School 3 and you can already register for the Free Fodder challenge 2023 event which introduces us to all the teachers in July. 

2 comments:

  1. Your album is so very meaningful! A beautiful job. I've done several of the techniques in the lesson but have yet to complete and put them in a book together. But I have only random vintage photos- none of family. This has been one of the most fun months of FS2 I think. Well done on yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Yes lots of cool techniques and yet another book making idea. I'm so lucky to have been able to use personal photos.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...