Tuesday, June 1, 2021

52 Tags : Week 22

I'm participating in Anne Brooke's weekly Tag challenge. You can view her demo each week on Youtube #52tagshannemade. Week
 22 :  Layers of lace. I have a lovely stash of lace inherited from my Great Grandmother. I thought I would just showcase a gorgeous bit instead of hiding it behind lots of other pieces. 
I began by machine stitching some lovely sari ribbon strips to my tag. 
Then I hand stitched my chosen piece of lace to the sari ribbon with an extra layer of lace edging across the bottom and another tied at the top. Love seeing all the frayed bits at the sides.
Sometimes less is more 💜This link will take you to all of my posts about this challenge.

3 comments:

  1. That lace deserves to be showcased this way. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That piece of lace is absolutely breathtaking and what a great way to immortalise it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...