Thursday, September 20, 2018

Some FREE Inspirations

Happy creative September days to you - Spring is here and I am so excited that our days of sunshine are lengthening and I feel like I'm waking up creatively as well. Enjoying these inspirations so sharing the love : 
I am totally inspired with Rae Missigman's work at present. Her book has just arrived at my house - take a peek inside via Amazon HERE
I just love it. It's full of her lovely colourful art and there's a lot of information with written introductions to each section, as well as great stepped-out instructions with plenty of photos. 
This book is full of inspiring ideas to make marks with a huge variety of tools/mediums, and even though I'm not a new artist, I'm glad it's got a place on my bookshelf both for ongoing inspiration and just pure enjoyment of turning the pages of a lovely book. Some of her techniques are featured in a Cloth Paper Scissors article HERERae is the September guest artist for Soul Journey 2018. Sign up for FREE to that FB group HERE. She shares a simple way to create artsy notebooks.
View all her YouTube tutorials HERE (including many of her series "15 minutes of mixed media") and check out her take on Donna Downey's series Find Out Friday HERE. Many great artists have featured so lots of free inspiration if you care to explore there.
Flora Bowley also inspires and has a Free offering of a virtual painting session happening in a few days HERE. You have to sign up to get the link and there'll be a replay available if you can't watch in real time.
I will work on a new large-scale acrylic painting and share tips and tricks along the way. This will be less of a specific “art lesson” and more about simply being together and seeing what wants to happen organically.
There are many year-long offerings being advertised for 2019 already. This is a FREE summit hosted by Tam, which will feature interviews with the artists who will teach in Life Book next year, as well as bonus creative and wellness activities that you can access from 1-15 October. Lucky me - it's happening in my school holidays!
Read more and sign up HERE
Some lovely stitch inspiration on YouTube HERE.
Read more about this project with some nice photos HERE.
Don't forget you can also click HERE for my list of cheap and free online art classes for 2018 (always to be found from the link top right in my side bar).
Hope something there to inspire you. I'm leaving tomorrow afternoon for my annual Girls' Weekend so I won't see you again until next week. I'm doing a happy dance ♥

2 comments:

  1. So I've been teetering on the edge, thinking about buying that Rae Missigman book - your recommendation has been the final push. Looking forward to the mail again now. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...