Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Book of Days : Gratitude Garden

I've been sharing art inspired by Alisa Burke's Grateful HeART journal prompts, but this week it took me in a completely different direction. Her prompt was "Gratitude Garden" and it reminded me that I never did the lesson from last year's BOD by that same title. I was also wondering what to do with the other side of the spread which I shared here. The base was sprayed with purple adirondack colourwash and while the ink was still wet, I sprinkled with granulated sea salt. Next morning when everything was dry, I was rewarded with this deliciousness. 
Since my facing page featured a lot of the purple, I decided I could overpaint quite happily. Began with some fluro paints 
and some of my new hand-carved rubber stamps 
plus pen doodles
Next up it was time to doodle flowers and I changed up the background to make them pop
 
This is now feeling like a night garden for me so that thought led me onto use some of my moonlight pens for highlighting
and metallics too
A quote from Rumi that fits with my word SHINE
and my gratitude garden is complete
You can sign up for classes with Effy Wild HERE. See my Flickr album of all art work inspired by Effy's classes HERE.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I almost missed this post! This turned out beautifully, and it's helpful to see the various layers and what you used. Oh, those paints- they are so appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nancy :-) I love taking the progress photos so I don't miss out on seeing how each step looks along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new page compliments the other one perfectly and I love your lettering! Wishing you and yours a lovely Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Easter to you as well Zsuzsa. Sooooo glad of a long weekend. Using it as a time to do a bit of course correction. We are all very tired.
    I noticed on your blog you need to find your mojo again so I'm wishing clarity and new enthusiasm for both of us.
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...