Sunday, October 4, 2015

Week 39 : DLP 2015

Hello - please don't expect continuing daily posts from me! It's school holidays and I wanted to get caught up on my journal pages for Documented Life. While the creative ideas were coming, I thought housework could wait...can't it always ;-)
Information about the FREE weekly Documented Life project is HERE. 
This was last week's challenge and yikes - that means we've only got 25% of this year left! I know, because I write the weekly challenges in the front of my journal :
Last challenge with the theme of Photos for the month of September. This week was the first of our school holidays, and we had a lovely trip away to Rotorua, as well as watching lots of DVDs together as a family, and me reading some lovely books, so lots of photos I could use. I had just seen a very useful Youtube video from Dyan Reaveley about using her Dylusions inks and how she thinks of them in colour families so she makes beautiful blended backgrounds and doesn't make mud - particularly interesting to hear about the Crushed Grape purple ink (my favourite colour) - watch it HERE. That was therefore the natural choice in my mind for my background this time.
{as a side note, if you have trouble with mixing paint colours to blend instead of making mud she has also done a really useful blog post about co-ordinating her paint colours HERE}
I must admit that I couldn't bring myself to use quite as much ink as her, but a wet paintbrush can blend out any gaps. So pretty - almost a shame to cover it. I said I had lots of photographs from the week - first step was to cut them into either circles or leaf shapes depending on how key they were to my day, and then I stuck them down in a particular way
so that I could doodle with these pens
to create a flower garden of my days in photographs. It was a simple idea and fun to do
Click on the photo to enjoy it larger or see it in the Flickr album I've created for all my Documented Life 2015 spreads HERE. You can see all my posts about this project HERE.

1 comment:

  1. Your flower garden with the photos is wonderful! I also like how you wrote all the weekly challenges at the front of your journal. This must be a great motivation to continue with the project and complete every single page. I hope I'll have enough time next year to do the entire DLP as well as LifeBook. Enjoy the holidays!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...