Sunday, September 13, 2015

Week 36 : DLP 2015

Information about the FREE weekly Documented Life project is HERE. Welcoming September with a new challenge for the month :
and the first week's challenge :
Spring is a time for me to get back on track in a number of ways. I've been thinking a lot about my health and well-being. Yesterday I decided to make myself a checklist of things I need to do to get back to where I was at the beginning of the year. I included images from some work I did last year :
So this art journal spread followed with my mind on making healthier choices, getting back to running on alternate days to the gym, and looking forward to Summer sun. I started, therefore, with a mix of orange and yellow paint applied with a wet wipe, then added white through one of my favourite stencils.
I've tried a few different methods of transfers in my time - most successfully. Click HERE to see all my blog entries on that subject. This time I wanted to just use what I had on hand, so that was my inkjet printer and transparencies. I successfully printed some photos onto my inkjet transparencies
I reversed the printing of words, but as I applied my first image to the background and went to check if it was transferring, the gel medium just started to tear my background :-(
Not sure if it was the cheap gel medium, or my surface - I had a bit more success transferring using mod podge onto an inky paper, but didn't want to risk further in my journal, so I just went ahead and glued the transparencies down, adding some tape as well for interest.
I wanted my other quote to stand out against the background, so drew on the back of the transparency with a black permanent marker to enhance the yellow letters
The photo of me is from January - a few kgs lighter than now - that's the "here to there" part of the prompt - my aim over the next few months is to get back to there on the scales (hopefully even lower if I can manage that), and I'm looking forward to sunshine there in my days as well.
I loved how much the white looked against the orange, so completed the page simply with favourite white pen doodles
And here's the spread all finished
Click on the photo to enjoy it larger or see it in the Flickr album I've created for all my Documented Life 2015 spreads HERE. You can see all my posts about this project HERE.  And I'm pleased to say that also brings me back on track with being up-to-date with Documented Life - this coming week I'll be working on this week's challenge! Hope you get some creative play this week and that the sun shines where you are.

2 comments:

  1. I was wondering if I was doing something wrong too. Maybe my printer ink or or something but I used Mod Podge and gel medium and neither worked very well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely yellow and happy background, too bad about the transfer. You've got to be both careful and patient with those, but sometimes it just doesn't work.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...