Friday, June 19, 2015

Week 24 : DLP 2015

Information about the FREE weekly Documented Life Project is HERE. We're still on Travel journaling and this was this week's challenge : 
This page started when I used modeling paste through one of my new favourite stencils (see my last post) and I decided to use up the leftover paste on my next spread in my Documented Life journal. Click on the photo to enjoy the delicious texture and pattern.
This stencil reminds me of lovely tapa patterns which meant that I was headed for creating another spread celebrating my lovely holiday times in New Zealand. I started tentatively with some serviettes and a bit of pacifica turquoise colour
Wasn't really sure where I was going, but I pulled out some old postage stamps, some tape, a map of New Zealand printed on a plastic bag, some ribbon, my {silver} fern stencil, and started to layer.
In the 1980s, there was a New Zealand domestic tourism campaign called "Don't leave home 'til you've seen the country"
I have never been able to get this out of my head. As the spread developed, I was remembering all my childhood family holidays in our caravan all over the country
and as an adult, although I haven't been to Paris, or London, or Italy (that last one is on my bucket list though), I've taken the road [perhaps less travelled?] and I have been to most places in New Zealand, and now we are trying to share all of it with our children.
In the above photo, the swirls are on ribbon, the black and white tapa pattern is tape, the ferns serviette, and the New Zealand is cut from a plastic shopping bag and glued down. Here's my finished spread :
I've enjoyed recording my memories in this way. Click on the photo to enjoy it larger or see it in the Flickr album I've created for all my Documented Life 2015 spreads HERE. You can see all my posts about this project HERE. Hope you have a creative and happy weekend.

2 comments:

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...