Saturday, August 27, 2011

More spray play and some quilty blog love

Another file folder from Roben-Marie's course...
Stage one
Stage two
Still loving the shimmer but have just ordered a few new Adirondack colour wash sprays (Butterscotch, Cranberry, Stream and Lettuce) so will be fun to try a different look. The  dark purple below is an older Adirondack colour wash : Eggplant. The flowers on the right are gesso.
Although I am loving the sprays, I am feeling the lack of taking some time to stitch...only a month left on my contract working at the library :-)
In the meantime, I have been inspired by some of the photos on recent blogs sharing the Festival of Quilts 2011 in the UK.
Linda Vincent took some lovely close-up shots and directed me to Maggi who has slideshows here and here 
Pam Holland did a number of posts with fabulous photos of quilts, and good commentaries too. This is the link to Birmingham Day 3 but you must move back and forwards to other posts of wonderful inspiration on other days. I picked this day for my link because I was very taken by the quilt called Ammonoidia by C June Barnes - also shared by Borderline Quilter
Carolyn Saxby always inspires, and this post is not exception.
And there are a lot of beautiful photos here on this facebook page by Sally-Ian Farquhar.
Hoping there is something there to inspire you too. Enjoy your weekend.

5 comments:

  1. love your flowers of gesso and the wonderful shadowed effect you've got with your sprays and stencils!
    And thanks to all your links Ive had a fantastic wander through the Festival of Quilts, and have loved Carry Ackroyd's prints which I was led to by Carolyn Saxby's post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very fun love the blues!! don't have a lot of blues in mine!! you will love the adirondack sprays I have them all I think!! also the new ones from Roben Marie they are great as well!! keep having fun!! hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankx for your lovely comment at my blog! I really love these blue backgrounds they are great.

    xx Tessa

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my your folders are beautiful.. I am in RM class too.. isn't it fabulous.. u can find more of my folders here, http://www.flickr.com/photos/bonnieroseippity/sets/72157625240895463/ Love your work so far, isn't it fun?? xo hugs bonitarose

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty background! I like the monochromatic blues and the lace doilies are perfect! So glad you are enjoying the workshop!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...