Saturday, March 31, 2018

April brings...

So we're a quarter of the way through the year! We are heading into Autumn in New Zealand and this is an extra-long Easter weekend for my family (we are off Tuesday as well). I use school holiday times and changes of season to 'course correct' - to consider where I am in my creative journey and what is still serving me. 
I am tired....and while others are talking about new daily challenges, I am feeling called to rest and really attend to self-care. Maybe it's part of the cycle of seasons. I'm sure it's partly my grief process as well. Just took a break from writing this to check my emails and read this from Brave Girls' Club : 
Recharge, rest, restore, and renew. Fill yourself back up so that you can keep shining that beautiful radiant life of yours.
Taking it as a sign from the universe ♥ SHINE is my word of the year. 
After quite a bit of thought, here's my course correction for April : 
  • I am NOT making a checklist of projects to complete for this month.
  • I have set up a place to write and I want to do more journaling in my Inner Work Journal.
  • I REALLY want to stitch more
  • I need to complete my clearing spaces to spark joy and am looking forward to changing out my wardrobe for cooler weather towards the end of the month
  • I am taking a break from my #52stamps challenge for April
  • Hopefully I'll still be creating things to blog about
Happy Easter to you. I'd love to hear how the change of season is affecting you.